DescriptionChartered architectural technologists provide architectural design services, negotiate construction projects and manage the development of projects from conception to completion.
- Develops construction project briefs and design programmes;
- Advises clients on methods of project procurement and forms of contract;
- Advises on environmental, regulatory and legal requirements and assesses environmental impact;
- Prepares and presents design proposals and manages and coordinates design team;
- Monitors compliance with design, statutory and professional requirements, undertakes stage inspections;
- Administers contracts and certification and manages project handover;
- Evaluates and advises on refurbishment, recycling and deconstruction of buildings;
- Manages health and safety and carries out design stage risk assessments.