DescriptionWorkers in this unit group manage and supervise cleaning and other housekeeping tasks within private households, hotels, schools, hostels and other non-private households, and in offices and other premises.
- Recruits or participates in the selection process for cleaning and housekeeping staff and takes charge of staff training;
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to staff and oversees working rotas;
- Supervises the activities of cleaners and other housekeeping staff and inspects work undertaken;
- Oversees the provision of cleaning and housekeeping supplies;
- Arranges for replacement of broken, defective tools and handles arrangements for repairs to fixtures and fittings;
- Manages budget for cleaning and housekeeping supplies and keeps record of expenditure.