DescriptionElectrical and electronics technicians perform a variety of miscellaneous technical support functions to assist with the design, development, installation, operation and maintenance of electrical and electronic systems.
- Plans and prepares work and test schedules based on specifications and drawings;
- Sets up equipment, undertakes tests, takes readings, performs calculations and records and interprets data;
- Plans installation methods, checks completed installation for safety and controls or undertakes the initial running of the new electrical or electronic equipment or system;
- Diagnoses and detects faults and implements procedures to maintain efficient operation of systems and equipment;
- Visits and advises clients on the use and servicing of electrical and electronic systems and equipment.