DescriptionWorkers in this unit group make and repair shoes, cut out, make up, sew, decorate and finish leather and leather substitute goods other than garments.
- Uses hand tools or machine to cut out, trim, punch holes in or stitch guide lines on leather or leather substitute component parts;
- Positions leather and rubber footwear component parts on lasts and shapes and joins uppers to insoles and soles;
- Uses hand tools or machine to make up and repair saddles, harnesses, belts, straps and other leather products;
- Uses hand and machine tools to sew and stitch leather and/or other material in the making and decoration of footwear and leather goods other than garments;
- Prepares paper or paperboard master patterns of component parts of footwear;
- Waxes, cleans and finishes footwear and other leather goods.