DescriptionJob holders in this unit group install pre-glazed wooden, metal or PVC framework, and cut, fit and set glass in windows, doors, shop fronts, and other structural frames.
- Examines drawings or specifications to determine job requirements;
- Scores plain, coloured, safety and ornamental glass with hand cutter and breaks off glass by hand or with pliers;
- Smoothes edges of glass and positions and secures in frame or grooved lead strips;
- Applies mastic, putty or adhesive between glass and frame and trims off excess with knife;
- Fixes mirror panels to interior and exterior walls and repairs and replaces broken glass.