DescriptionLaunderers, dry cleaners and pressers supervise and undertake the washing, dry cleaning, ironing and pressing of clothing, household and other linen, carpets, curtains and other articles.
- Receives garment or item from customer for cleaning, checks pockets, buttons, zips, etc. and issues receipt;
- Sorts articles by fabric, colour and type and determines appropriate cleaning process;
- Removes difficult stains using chemicals or steam gun;
- Loads articles into washing and dry cleaning machines or electrically operated drum cleaning machine, operates controls to admit cleaning fluids and starts machine;
- Sets and operates drying machines and smoothes and shapes washed garments using hand iron or machine press;
- Allocates washing machines to customers, ensures correct use of equipment and gives change;
- Performs a variety of laundering, dry cleaning and pressing tasks, including beating carpets and shaping starched collars, cuffs and hats.