DescriptionWaste disposal and environmental services managers plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the operations and development of waste disposal and related environmental services facilities within private firms or public authorities.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements;
- Manages and delegates tasks to staff and co-ordinates the maintenance and optimum utilisation of waste disposal and related equipment to provide an efficient service;
- Monitors levels of waste disposal, recycling and related environmental services, compiles statistics and produces reports;
- Liaises with members of the local community to educate and promote the concept of recycling and appropriate waste management;
- Keeps up to date with new legislation and liaises with appropriate regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with legislation regarding waste disposal and environmental services;
- Co-ordinates the resources and activities relating to the procurement, collection, storage, processing and sale of scrap metal and related products.