DescriptionBus and coach drivers drive road passenger-carrying vehicles such as buses, coaches and mini-buses.
- Checks tyres, brakes, lights, oil, water and fuel levels and general condition of the vehicle before start of journey;
- Drives single- and double-decked vehicle over pre-determined route, complying with traffic regulations and keeping to time schedule;
- Stops and opens and closes doors at pre-arranged places to allow passengers to board and alight, observing regulations concerning the number of passengers carried;
- May collect fares from passengers and issue tickets or ensure that they use a ticket machine;
- May plan routes in conjunction with private hirer and assist with loading and unloading of luggage;
- Balances cash taken with tickets sold and may be responsible for cleanliness of vehicle;
- Maintains records of journey times, mileage and hours worked.