DescriptionGarage managers and proprietors plan, organise, direct and co-ordinate the day-to-day running of garages and specialist vehicle maintenance and repair establishments.
- Determines staffing, financial, material and other short- and long-term requirements;
- Ensures that necessary spare parts, materials and equipment are available or obtainable at short notice;
- Arranges for maintenance staff to perform necessary maintenance and repair work on vehicles or motorcycles;
- Checks completed work for compliance with safety and other statutory regulations;
- Maintains records of repair work to detect recurrent faults;
- Provides information about garage merchandise for staff and customers;
- Ensures the business accounts are maintained.