DescriptionUndertakers, mortuary and crematorium assistants make funeral arrangements for clients, prepare the deceased for burial or cremation, and supervise and assist the proceedings of funerals.
- Collects body of deceased and assists with the completion of necessary documents;
- Interviews relative or representative of the deceased to discuss preparations for funeral;
- Liaises with cemetery or crematorium authorities on behalf of client;
- Washes and injects body with sterilising fluid to prevent deterioration prior to funeral, and applies cosmetics, wax and other materials to restore normal appearance;
- Provides hearse and funeral cars and leads funeral procession;
- Controls the operations of crematoriums and cemeteries and processes legal documentation.