DescriptionJob holders in this unit group construct and repair the bodies of road vehicles, and fit interior and exterior fittings to vehicle bodies.
- Diagnoses job requirements or ascertains work specifications from drawings or instructions;
- Selects, cuts, shapes and assembles materials to form parts of vehicle underframe, framework and body;
- Repairs damage to chassis and engine mountings using hydraulic rams, jacks and jigs;
- Hammers out dents in bodywork, fills in small depressions or corroded areas in solder, plastic or other filler compound and replaces body panels using hand and power tools;
- Installs and repairs interior fittings including seats, seatbelts and fascia in cars, sinks and special features in caravans and mobile shops;
- Positions, secures and repairs external fittings including windows, doors, door handles, catches and roof attachments.